[Solved] My e-mail address not accepted

herouth

Hmm... is it working now?

I am having the same problem. I tried a gmail address and two different verizon addresses. My message is:

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 22 in /usr/local/cpanel/base/scripts/signup.php on line 76

We're sorry, but that is an invalid email address. Please go back and correct it.

I'm also having the same problem.

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 22 in /usr/local/cpanel/base/scripts/signup.php on line 76

We're sorry, but that is an invalid email address. Please go back and correct it.

Used a gmail account that looks like "name69@gmail.com" and also tried a .edu email. Both were denied.

Tried with Chrome, then IE. Did not work.

Same problem here. Tried a few e-mail (one gmail, two hotmail), none worked, same error than above.

Seems like you mistyped the regexp (for instance, preg_match('#[z-a]#', ...) will cause the same error). By the way, you shouldn't be using a regexp to check if a e-mail address is valid, you should be using filter_var. But considering you were using ereg (according to the first error message given on this topic), you might not run on PHP5...

Also, I'm wondering, why is MySQL the only PDO driver you got ? I was looking for a free host with PDO & PostgreSQL, HelioHost got suggested to me and I just checked the features, you only have the MySQL PDO driver. Is there any chance you can get the PostgreSQL one ?

Hello.

I tried to register for free php hosting, and used an e-mail address that contains a plus sign "+". The site registration form claims that this is invalid. However, this is completely valid according to the standard. Moreover, it's the same mail address that I used to register to the forums.

Hello, I have a similar problem as mr. 'herouth' above...

I do not know if he has it exactly the same. but my email address is perfectly valid, but very normal too... 'noudio <at> zonnet <dot> nl', but I do get the following server response:

I really like to sign up here. for a website to practice my php/mysql/css/html skills and experiment with it...

------------------

<edit>

...oh... now I see all reply reactions on this thread, reporting exactly the same... sorry folks, one complete newby here... :rolleyes:

Noud