TY Helionet

jccoelho99

Hi there,

Just wanted to post a big thanks for this amazing service.

Now learning to do CPanel admin and the 'nix packages.

Really nice bouquet of scripting languages you offer :)

I'm now running a dev server with a setup similar to Stevie on XP (PHP/mySQL/Apache)

With the FTP account is should be easy to get things up on Helionet afterwards.

So please expect a lot of crazy learning active pages to be uploaded at any time :/

Hopefully they won't cause any security risks, at least that will definitely not be my intention.

Wanted to ask a couple of questions if anyone has time.

Can any site I may upload business or else remain ad and banner free?

Would this all be dependent on bandwidth usage?

Also should I eventually register a domain name can it be transferred to stevie?

Would that imply transfer fees should I register with any registrar

or can I just use your nameservers when I register?

Any case just wanted to say thanks.

No sites coming anytime soon. Only hoping to upload one in the future :)

Can any site I may upload business or else remain ad and banner free?

We do not require ads in any circumstances. If you wish to support the costs of running our services, you may want to consider putting up our ads.

Also should I eventually register a domain name can it be transferred to stevie?

Would that imply transfer fees should I register with any registrar

or can I just use your nameservers when I register?

In cPanel, you would add your new domain as an "Addon Domain", you would also go to your domain provider and set the nameservers to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org.

Please be sure to read the Support FAQ first before posting more questions.

Thanks for the reply.

I must be a newbie posts are getting moved already.

Questions on this forum got it. So if anything gets eventually done

I'll be sure to include your banner. Worst case scenario I'd have it rotating.

Also it looks like there would be no need to transfer domains if they get registered properly then.

One last question. If I go to Logs -> Choose log programs I get the message that "Stats program is locked out by administrator". Does this mean traffic stats will not be made available?

Or are they limited in some sort of way. Asking since this would be a really nice feature to have enabled.

Maybe I should be reading the FAQ. I'll be doing that straight away.

One last question. If I go to Logs -> Choose log programs I get the message that "Stats program is locked out by administrator". Does this mean traffic stats will not be made available?

If you're talking about something like a how many unique visiters have you had in a day/month/year, those features are things you must code yourself (or get the code for).

If you're talking about something like a how many unique visiters have you had in a day/month/year, those features are things you must code yourself (or get the code for).

Thanks so much something to look into. I think Google Analytics could also be the answer.

It's great you provide free users with CPanel. Cheers.