Driver      = /usr/local/lib/libmdbodbc
FileUsage   = 1

If it helps, this is our odbcinst.ini:

# Example driver definitinions

[MDB]
Description = ODBC for MDB
Driver      = /usr/local/lib/libmdbodbc
FileUsage   = 1

One thing that I notice is that this is the only driver that doesn't have the .so file extension. Is that for a reason? I looked online a little and noticed that every odbcinst.ini file that I saw as examples had the .so file extension for the drivers.

I found this code that says should be added to that ini file to get MDB Tools to work. Link: http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_pgeo.html

Code:

[Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)]

Description = MDB Tools ODBC drivers

Driver = /usr/lib/libmdbodbc.so.0

Setup =

FileUsage = 1

CPTimeout =

CPReuse =

Hope this helps!

P.S. Is there any way that you can make the driver name "Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)" (like above)? That way if anyone else wants to use it they don't have to use a different driver that usual. And it would make it easier for me to test my websites and then upload them. That way I don't have to change every page before uploading them. Please?!? :)

Sure, but in regards to the path... I'm using the path and filename of the installed library, and I did find configurations that pointed to that library. I think it's pretty strange, but the file in that directory doesn't have the .so extension...

Sure, but in regards to the path... I'm using the path and filename of the installed library, and I did find configurations that pointed to that library. I think it's pretty strange, but the file in that directory doesn't have the .so extension...

Still erroring.... Can you repost the changes that you made to the odbcinst.ini file?

And I made a test page with the code at the top if you want to see the exact error. http://zflight.heliohost.org/mdbtest.php

Thanks!

I didn't make any changes to the file.

Can you change the driver to add the .so to the end and maybe it will work.... I think I am just going to think of little things that might work until it actually works. :)

Thanks!

No, that's really not going to help. In *NIX-based operating systems, resources point to files. As I said before, there is no ".so" file in that directory.

Alright, I'll get back to googling and let you know what I come up with...Thanks!

Well, I'm still googling, but the best that I can find so far is that the file for the driver (/usr/local/lib/libmdbodbc) needs to be (/usr/local/lib/libmdbodbc.so). I don't know why it didn't add the .so when you compiled it, but that seems to be where the problem is. I am still looking around for a few answers and might post on some forums for help.

It looks like some figured out how to convert it into a .so file, but still looking for confirmation that that solved their problems (and how to do that).

Were there any other options or anything else during the compiling? Some forums said that they had an option of some sort, but not sure they were doing the same thing. Everywhere I look they say that they just compile it and the end result is a .so file that they put into the odbcinst.ini file, so I just wondered if there was a variable that I am missing.

There are usually lots of options to a configure script. I'll need specifics on what options I should set.

No, it doesn't look like godbcconfig is installed. What is it?