[Solved] gcc

tobi

Is gcc installed on the server?

What do you need it for?

Actually, never mind. After browsing heliohost's website again i just realized that system() and everything else similar is disabled.

I'm guessing your not going to enable it for me?

Oh wow, and apparently this is the 666th topic on the questions forum :blink:

What do you need it for?

Actually, never mind. After browsing heliohost's website again i just realized that system() and everything else similar is disabled.

Again, what do you need it for?

What do you need it for?

Again, what do you need it for?

I was planning on creating an online compiler. A user would type code into a text area or upload a file, and then the script would use php's system() or something similar to call gcc and compile. It would then run the program and output all results to the user, or allow the user to download the executable (though this may not be a good idea considering that the executable would be made for CentOS).

I was planning on creating an online compiler. A user would type code into a text area or upload a file, and then the script would use php's system() or something similar to call gcc and compile. It would then run the program and output all results to the user, or allow the user to download the executable (though this may not be a good idea considering that the executable would be made for CentOS).
This.

Also, anyone who would need to compile something should already know how to do it by themselves, and would require no online services.

This.

Also, anyone who would need to compile something should already know how to do it by themselves, and would require no online services.

However the compiler is only the first part. It's going to be an online grader similar to the one found at http://train.usaco.org.

There will be programming questions and then the user submits a program. It's compiled and run multiple times, each with different input data. If all output is correct, they move on to the next problem and/or get points. Sorry I didn't say this before.

So is gcc actually installed?