[Solved] Email not Working

k2woo

Hi:

This is a topic I started 3 weeks ago. It became elevated, but unfortunately I went on vacation, and the topic thread had been closed. So, I guess I have to start over.

Basically, my problem is that I am able to send email out through my registered domain, ecurrentz.com. They are received externally as k2woo@ecurrentz.com, even though the created email account on cPanel is kw@ecurrentz.com However, when trying to send to this account, ie kw@eccurrentz.com, I do not see it in the inbox. Also, my external accounts (gmail, yahoo) do not receive any bounceback notification, so it seems that it was received somewhere.

To complicate matters, I had tried sending a message through your help function at helio, which is the lone message in my inbox...a message that was returned to my inbox as undeliverable.

When this topic was elevated last time, I was asked if I can see emails in the inbox (which I can't) because you logged in and are able to see things in the inbox.

What am I doing wrong here?

confused,

Keith

This support request is being escalated to our root admin.

I did a bit more research on this. I checked the file manager on the cPanel, and can see the emails in the "new" folder. However, they are nt showing up using any of the webmail programs like roundcube, etc. I think they may be routed to the wrong place on the server, or some setting is not allowing the webmail programs to recognize it.

Hope this helps you pinpoint the issue.

Keith

I'm seeing kw@ecurrentz.com's email from Horde just fine. I had to change the password to take a look, though. I've PM'd you the new password.

Hi Root:

I'm still not seeing the test emails I sent thru gmail and yahoo. The only email that I see in the inbox is a bounceback (mail delivery failed). That bounceback was sent thru the "contact us" at the the bottom of the cPanel, before I knew to use this forum. Are you seeing other emails in the inbox?

I see the test email files when I use the file manager in cPanel though. Can you try sending an email to it with an external account? They are not going to horde or roundcube.

thanks,

keith

I sent an email from an external account and it worked. You're probably logging in wrong, or something.

I'm such an idiot!! The emails were routed to sub-folders instead of the main inbox. Had to do some searching to uncover the subfolders, but I see them now.

Thanks for your patience, djbob!

keith