[Solved] Homepage too slow?

Wohli

Hello,

Every time I try to load my homepage, it takes forever to load. Also I think I have all too often an "Internal Server Error".

I have tested it with different browsers and many registered user have the same problem.

I use joomla 1.5.15. and I live in Germany.

My question is whether there is a way to improve performance.

I would be glad if you can help me.

PS: I apologize for my bad english

domain: verdammteseelen.heliohost.org

name: Wohli

Your website loads fine for me. Have you tried accessing it from another computer/internet connection? How did you install Joomla?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I've tried it. I let others test it and got the same feedback. It's just sometimes takes forever to load the page

I have Joomla installed exactly according to instructions. Or what you mean exactly?

Can it possibly be because I live in Germany?

I have now flushed the cache and the page loads faster. But the problems that I spoke to were the extreme long load times. For example, the page today takes much longer than usual and that is not only to me. Many users have the same problem, or even get a timeout.

That is not always so, but I think that it is more frequent than usual.

Is there a way to improve performance? Or what do u think is the problem?

Sorry, but this is just the server being slow. We have a lot of accounts and we very often we have periods of high load on the server.

Besides that, though, your application is probably pretty heavyweight. You might want to trim it down, or switch to something that requires less resources.

You are using quiet alot of ajax, js and it seems flash content.

Is this a free third party template?

They are often crammed with unnecessary coding and require trimming down.

Often free 3rd party templates are not well thought out and are produced without the trimming for effect.

I do use 3rd Party Joomla templates occasionally but rip the guts out of them to make them leaner.

It is loaded with scripts.

Not a good idea for a home page.

It does load reasonably from the UK though.