[Solved] Instant Subdomains

orismology

Why does subdomain creation take 24 hours? I think it would be much more convenient to have a creation process in the minutes range, or even instant. Is there some technical limitation to the process that means that it takes 24 hours? I know that I like to create subdomains spur of the moment, and then decommission them later. With a 24 hour wait, there is little benefit in creating these temporary subdomains. I would like to see the time it takes to create a subdomain (or an account or addon domain) shortened, or even eliminated - or at least an explanation on why it can't be done.

Also on the same note, if the subdomains cannot be created instantly, is there a way to customise the 'Heliohost Account Queued' Message??

We have around 7000 accounts running at once, along with the inactivity and deletion queue, and the HelioNet forums running. To do what you want, apache would have to be restarted everytime you create a subdomain, slowing all that down and possibly crashing the server for periods of time.

TL;DR: Don't complain about free hosting.

In order for the subdomains to come online, Apache's configuration needs to be recompiled and Apache needs to be restarted. To avoid large amounts of downtime and server load, we only perform this operation once a day. Unfortunately, there's no way we can avoid this.