Developing a social networking website called hamroworld...

well,i am doing it with mysql.I have almost developed it but how do i get people who will be the member?Can all the helionet members join it .And also i have completed this portions:

1.Messaging System

2.Friends

3.Profiles with personal urls

4.Comments like in myspace

5.Polls where you can create your own polls

etc..

I choosed hamroworld.com for my website's domain .Is it cool well its means ourworld with hamro referring our.

Isn't it a cool name

SO,hamroworld.com

And plz i want to use remote mysql that connects with database here in sauravrawals.co.cc which is hosted here

when i tried to connect here this message....

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'xxxxxx'@'h34-157-86-74.sl-alpha.reverse.dnshostname.net' (using password: NO) in /home/hamrow/public_html/test2.php on line 11

here is my code

<?php

function connect_db() {
 global $link;

$host = 'sauravrawals.co.cc';  
$user = 'rawal_rawal';
$pass = 'rawal';
$dbname = 'rawal_xsite; 

$link = mysql_connect($host, $username, $password)
    or die ("Could not connect to database");
 return $link; 
}

?>
<?php if (!isset($link))

connect_db();

@mysql_select_db ($dbname)
    or die ("Could not select database"); 

?>

• 4 weeks later...
well,i am doing it with mysql.I have almost developed it but how do i get people who will be the member?Can all the helionet members join it .And also i have completed this portions:

1.Messaging System

2.Friends

etc..

I choosed hamroworld.com for my website's domain .Is it cool well its means ourworld with hamro referring our.

Isn't it a cool name

SO,hamroworld.com

And plz i want to use remote mysql that connects with database here in sauravrawals.co.cc which is hosted here

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'xxxxxx'@'h34-157-86-74.sl-alpha.reverse.dnshostname.net' (using password: NO) in /home/hamrow/public_html/test2.php on line 11

here is my code

<?php

function connect_db() {
 global $link;

$user = 'rawal_rawal';
$pass = 'rawal';
$dbname = 'rawal_xsite; 

return $link; 
}

?>
<?php if (!isset($link))

connect_db();

?>

hello, i'm not a pro , just a novice in programming things, but i think the problem is that your DB request was refused is that the information you put are wrong, may be, if the database is hosted on helionet, you had to put your helio host connection information.

i just took a look at your site, its looks great, but one thing, you didn't have to put online unless it is completly functionnal !!!.

if you need advices on communication and advertising, just contact me ,

R.A

Your connection details may be wrong.

Also, I think your site has a iframe attack on it. Avast found it.

I really want to know what sort of iframe attack is that??????????.Plz help me here ,i am not a good web designer.

And this site is just for testing and i still have to work a lot on this project.You may consider this site to be 5% complete.

1.Messaging System

2.Friends

etc..

Isn't it a cool name

SO,hamroworld.com

here is my code

<?php

function connect_db() {
 global $link;

$user = 'rawal_rawal';
$pass = 'rawal';
$dbname = 'rawal_xsite; 

return $link; 
}

?>
<?php if (!isset($link))

connect_db();

?>

hello, i'm not a pro , just a novice in programming things, but i think the problem is that your DB request was refused is that the information you put are wrong, may be, if the database is hosted on helionet, you had to put your helio host connection information.

i just took a look at your site, its looks great, but one thing, you didn't have to put online unless it is completly functionnal !!!.

if you need advices on communication and advertising, just contact me ,

R.A

I know this site should not be online before complete development.

I don't know how this design is great because i am going to replace this as it is a poor and old design.I also want to know how i can get the traffic enough to run a social site?????

Anyway thanks !

• 4 weeks later...

First of, you should look over security. If that is indeed you password many malicious users may put your world upsides down.

I will not worry of an iFrame vuln. I am sure your site is full of XSS/CSRF vulnerabilities.

Disable the sing up form until everything is proofread and checked for vulns/errors.

You got 16 Errors and 17 warning with the w3c validator. Your result with more details.

[bleeped!] it, sorry for necro :(