[Solved] 500 Internal Server Error?

Jamesking56

Hi,

On my site it says "500 Internal Server Error" when I did not even edit the htaccess file?

Now come one guys, This is getting really annoying! Your server keeps on breaking whenever I use it! It is so annoying! This week there has been downtime and the whole "Queued" problem! SORT IT OUT! :angry:

UPDATE: Nevermind its working now!

UPDATE: it keeps coming up randomly every so often and then when I refresh it goes away again?

Edited by Jamesking56

Hello,

I am having the same problem with my website. I am using heliohost.net when I get this error and press expand states I get an Ajax error. But when I can use the site, I get the following status:

One Error:

Server Load 9.30 (4 cpus)

Two Warnings:

Disk /dev/sda1 (/) 82 %

Disk /dev/sda3 (/usr) 83 %

I also have noticed that FTP doesn't work when the server has an error, but the FTP status says up. I can connect to the server, but my FTP client just waits for a "welcome". I have been able to get FTP to work before, so I know it isn't my client.

That is correct. The issue was occurring at about the time of my previous post: Jan 17, 01:14 PM (GMT -7 I think). Maybe a little bit before then.

It may just be a coincidence, but it appears that the error occurs just after I login to the cpanel or ftp.

At the moment, it is down. My status has the following.

Error:

Server Load 10.62 (4 cpus)

Warning:

Swap Used 86.52 %

Disk /dev/sda1 (/) 82 %

Disk /dev/sda3 (/usr) 83 %

Here is the entire error message.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@[email removed].heliohost.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_wsgi/3.0c3 Python/2.4.3 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.[url removed].heliohost.org Port 80

Additionally the error log reported

[Mon Jan 18 16:25:53 2010] [error] [client [IP Removed]] File does not exist: /home/[url removed]/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://www.[url removed].heliohost.org/forums/index.php