Forum hosting upload and content

Flashback

Hi Helio,

I have some questions to ask before I decide to set up an account.

May I upload and install an SMF forum on the free hosting?

My forum may be a little controversial but it will be private. Members have to register and abide strict guidlines to even see the postings inside. There will be some postings that may be visible to the public but it will be monitored by admins to maintain correctness and etiquette. Nobody is going to slander anybody, and it will be moderated.

The topic of the forum will be for members of a trade and company to gripe about daily problems with the job and trade and relive stress. It is basically a support forum for instructors to whine and give their opinions of industry and company issues. They may say harsh things out of frustration due to harassment on the job by the management organization. They may [bleeped!] about their superiors and cite situations but may not write the superiors names out to avoid problems of exposing names to other users. There will not be threats or anything that violates the standard terms and conditions of any forum board.

We don't want to violate your terms and conditions so we are asking first to avoid any complications. If there are other guidlines we need to know, please let us know before we decide to start.

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks

Thanks for the fast reply.

Oh I forgot to ask this. When I install the SMF forum, is there a system feature for me to restore the sql database backup from my old forum?

I was wondering if I have access to phpMyAdmin or something in a control panel to restore such database so I can get my forum running again with all the data that was on it before.

I only asked about the topic of forum because I was concerned for if the company does not want their employees to participate in the support forum and they complain to Helio saying we are out of line and in violation falsely. We don't want to be shut down or suspended for a complaint that is not valid because we are not publicly publishing junk or bad things about the company. I appreciate the input, we are not going to be even remotely close to excessively stupid.

Thanks again