Computer brands

myscrnnm

Which brand makes the most reliable computers?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

my last computer was a windows 98 on a emachines which was TOTAL CRAP!

and sence dell bought out that company and ive not used a dell im not sure if theyve changed. My shools old 95s were compaq and even more crap than my old emachines but im using an XP on a HP whic is stll crap but not as bad. My school just bought some XP office editions on Gateway and runs very very nicely so im voting for gateway.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I vote DIY cuz I'm poor and put my own computers together with parts off Newegg.com (YAY! Newegg!! lol) But if I had the cash I would go all out on a custom Alienware with an Athlon XP chip. heh, but I dont have the 4 big G's or anything close to it.

I vote DIY cuz I'm poor and put my own computers together with parts off Newegg.com (YAY! Newegg!! lol) But if I had the cash I would go all out on a custom Alienware with an Athlon XP chip. heh, but I dont have the 4 big G's or anything close to it.

Athlon XP? I would recommend an Intel CPU, they are much faster for the price. I mean, you can choose from Pentium Ms and Pentium 4s, those are the most common now. But if you really want an AMD, I'd suggest the Athlon 64 FX.

Yeah, but Intels are more expensive and have less flexability when it comes to chooseing one. The 64 are pretty cool too, Ive never used one though, and now they have an uber-cool chip called a sempron... more money there too, lol.

Yeah, but Intels are more expensive and have less flexability when it comes to chooseing one. The 64 are pretty cool too, Ive never used one though, and now they have an uber-cool chip called a sempron... more money there too, lol.

Well, the Sempron is a low end processor. I mean, if you are really on a tight budget and you are a hardcore AMD fan, I would suggest the AMD Duron processor. It is uber-cheap and runs at a reasonabl speed. But if you are on a slightly tight budget, the Intel Celeron processor is the CPU for you. But still, you might want to hold out until the Intel Pentium Ds start shipping. It is reported that Dell, Acer Computer, and Alienware have all started buying the Pentium D chips from Intel Corporation.

I'm goin with an XP 2800+ for my next build. Thousand dollar budget and I'll be just under if prices dont go up. Not too worried about not being the best, cuz anything will be better than this 5 year old peice of crap HP. 600MHz Celeron processor... Birthday present, and parents are so gung-ho about not letting me pick my presents.

I'm goin with an XP 2800+ for my next build. Thousand dollar budget and I'll be just under if prices dont go up. Not too worried about not being the best, cuz anything will be better than this 5 year old peice of crap HP. 600MHz Celeron processor... Birthday present, and parents are so gung-ho about not letting me pick my presents.

No! If you're on a thousand dollar budget, I suggest the Intel Pentium 4 processor with Hyper-Threading Technology. For less than $200, you can get a 3GHz Pentium 4.