What Constitutes Spam?

stgeorge

I have read the HelioHost Terms and agree that it is in everyone's interest that SPAM should not be allowed from the HelioHost Servers.

I have a dilema though.

I wish to send a Newsletters to up to two hundred registered users. I am wondering if this is possible on HelioHost? I can obviously set sending limits on amount, say 50 and put in a time lapse say 15 seconds between mail shots. I would be using ccNewsletter which is a Joomla Component Extension.

Below is the pertinent extract from Terms:

Your site will not email, personal message, instant message, or communicate any kind of "spam," or unsolicited bulk advertising of any kind.

The other thing that comes to mind is that the site uses uddeIM to send messages within the site but also has iframes to wrap AIM, MSN Live, Google and Yahoo Messengers for people to use whilst within the site.

I am wondering if any of these are going to cause problems also?

Any help would be appreciated as I wish to clarify the points above prior to putting anything into full use.

Yes they are registered users, however the problem I foresee is that if people are like me and delete or report spam based on subject line or sender it is easy to miss something you have signed up for.

In the UK we do not have quite the same rules as the US when it comes to unsolicited mail.

I use the term unsolicited because I have in the past reported spam when I shouldn't have, (by mistake).

Since most of the subscribers are UK based I suppose I should check on the UK based system for SPAM.

Unless of course someone out there knows a few simple guidelines within the UK on this.

• 3 weeks later...
What you do with your /registered/ users isn't our business.

If you started bulk emailing random people... then it'd be a problem.

Does de Heliohost server support html newletters and email marketing, or do I have to buy the service from another company?

thanks

What you do with your /registered/ users isn't our business.

If you started bulk emailing random people... then it'd be a problem.

Does de Heliohost server support html newletters and email marketing, or do I have to buy the service from another company?

thanks

I think you can set that up on your account. Check cPanel.