Sending Emails

biggiebowen

hi

i purchased a domain name separately and have moved it to the heliohost servers

however with the email created by the cpanel i cannot send to any free accounts eg. hotmail or gmail

my emails are always returned saying smtp error

"SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<bookings@*********.co.uk> SIZE=1790:

host mx1.hotmail.com [6*.**.**.*8]: 550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, please visit http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support"

ive checked my ip and it is NOT on any spam lists

any help would grateful thankyou

bb

Guest jpaisneto

Hi! Hotmail returns the email, gmail works but not fine :| It goes to spam folder! And that's really rare in gmail with real mail! I never go to my spam folder there... Any way to solve this or we'll just have to live with it? Thanks :)

It's probably the content since my email goes directly to my inbox at gmail. What kind of information are you sending?

EDIT:

I also sent an email from my heliohost account to a friend of mine who has a hotmail account and she recieved it ok. Hotmail was blocking heliohost a few weeks ago but the adminstrator worked with hotmail and they took us off of the blacklist.

Guest jpaisneto
It's probably the content since my email goes directly to my inbox at gmail. What kind of information are you sending?

EDIT:

I also sent an email from my heliohost account to a friend of mine who has a hotmail account and she recieved it ok. Hotmail was blocking heliohost a few weeks ago but the adminstrator worked with hotmail and they took us off of the blacklist.

Sorry, still can't send emails ... Hotmail returns the message with the same error biggiebowen wrote and gmail receives it but goes to spam folder... Don't know if it helps but the error message also had this:

Received: from ***** ([**.***.**.**] helo=[***.***.*.***])

by stevie.heliohost.org with esmtpsa (TLSv1:AES256-SHA:256)

(Exim 4.69)

(envelope-from <*******skinse4.co.cc>)

id 1MwPQ4-0008C9-ER; Fri, 09 Oct 2009 17:02:45 -0700

Edit: And by the way, the message was just plain text, no links, html or attachments.

Guest jpaisneto
Try sending a different email body. Gmail usually judges from the body whether or not an email is spam.

I don't really get what you mean, but I sent a new message with some HTML, an image, longer text and it was still recognized as spam on gmail and hotmail didn't get it, although I didn't receive the error message :wacko:

Edit: I have SPF and DomainKeys turned on, but it doesn't seem to make any difference...

hi folks

shortly after i posted my first post i was able to send emails to hotmail

however since then it has stopped allowing me to send it.

I then went back to spamhaus and checked my ip address and i had been blacklisted again??? I ran the microsoft malware removal tool and once again it showed nothing, trojan remover showed nothing and my AVG anti-virus (paid edition) showed nothing.

Ive removed my ip from the CBL database but cannot send emails to anyone on hotmail, msn, live or to anyone with a spam blocker?

my emails are normally just plain text and to my friends.

Any help would be super

thanks

biggiebowen