Campaigning for Olympics

Guest JF_Sly

Guest JF_Sly

Well by now most everyone knows that we (The U.S.) did not get the bid for the 2016 Olympic Games. My question is what are your thoughts about the President personally going and "campaigning" to have the Olympic Games here in the U.S.?

Personally I believe that it was a large waste of tax payer money. We have an Olympic Committee/Organization that should have been the group that was responsible for "lobbying" for this. Persoanlly I feel that it was benieth the Office of the President to go and "beg" to let us host the games. I know we were not the only country that did this (King & Queen of Spain did as well), and I believe the same applies to them as well.

While yes it would be good for our economy in the long run, I believe that we have more pressing issues that the President should be focused on. Our immediate economy, health care, imigration, etc to name a few.

Well by now most everyone knows that we (The U.S.) did not get the bid for the 2016 Olympic Games. My question is what are your thoughts about the President personally going and "campaigning" to have the Olympic Games here in the U.S.?

Personally I believe that it was a large waste of tax payer money. We have an Olympic Committee/Organization that should have been the group that was responsible for "lobbying" for this. Persoanlly I feel that it was benieth the Office of the President to go and "beg" to let us host the games. I know we were not the only country that did this (King & Queen of Spain did as well), and I believe the same applies to them as well.

While yes it would be good for our economy in the long run, I believe that we have more pressing issues that the President should be focused on. Our immediate economy, health care, imigration, etc to name a few.

When was this I never heard of it - although I don't live in the USA

Anyways If I ran a country I would want the Olympics too - but they'll get their turn in a couple 100 years or so :}

But yes I do think it sounds like a waste of money - they should spend it on other stuff (Don't ask me what)

Anyways If I ran a country I would want the Olympics too - but they'll get their turn in a couple 100 years or so :}

But yes I do think it sounds like a waste of money - they should spend it on other stuff (Don't ask me what)

It was just last month. I was not saying that the country (USA in this case) should not want the Olympics - quite the contrary - would have loved for the U.S. to have it. I was just saying that I believe that the President should have left the "campaigning" to the U.S. Olympic committee and/or the State Department. I believe that that should be the case for any of the Heads of State - I/E The King/Queen of Spain should have left it to their representatives as well)

• 2 weeks later...

It was just last month. I was not saying that the country (USA in this case) should not want the Olympics - quite the contrary - would have loved for the U.S. to have it. I was just saying that I believe that the President should have left the "campaigning" to the U.S. Olympic committee and/or the State Department. I believe that that should be the case for any of the Heads of State - I/E The King/Queen of Spain should have left it to their representatives as well)

oooh okay. yeah then I agree w/ you.