How to send data from one form

Eduardo Agostinho

Dear, good night

I'm hosting my site in HELIOHOST, and made a contact form.

On the control panel, have the CGI scripts for functions, among them send email ...

Clicking CGI MAIL is a 404 page not found ... Looking at the link, it is pointing to my cgi-bin folder on the server. It has a file in this folder called "cgiemail" no extension, I tried to rename the file to "cgiemail.cgi", including the file extension, but the error continues.

What is the way to send email using the CGI script site?

Please help me solve this problem ...

Thank ...

You need to rename it back to what it was and read the instructions. It should redirect you to this page when you click onto the file.

http://web.mit.edu/wwwdev/cgiemail/nopath.html

What are you wanting to do with cgi mail? Are you wanting to make a contact form for your site?

Hello ...

Just that ... I want to make the information on this form

be sent to my email ...

thanks for help

Are you able to see the instructions on the page I posted? And do you just have to use cgi mail? How about using a php contact form? I have one I can post to you that works just as well and you can change the html around to suit you. I can tell you how to use cgi mail but it's been awhile since I've used it and I would have to re-learn it myself.

Are you able to see the instructions on the page I posted? And do you just have to use cgi mail? How about using a php contact form? I have one I can post to you that works just as well and you can change the html around to suit you. I can tell you how to use cgi mail but it's been awhile since I've used it and I would have to re-learn it myself.

Byron

Thank you for your help ...

I chose to use CGI, because I know PHP. I know ASP, but I do not know if the process is the same ... If you have a topic concerning this or information, please send me!

Thanks

The process is still the same. Your just using the cgimail as the form action. Your really better off using php. With the cgimail you have to create a txt file with your email address and it is added to the form action. If somebody wants they can source your mail form to get your email address from the text file.

This is how you use cgimail. This is the text file you make that becomes part of the form action:

http://byrondallas.heliohost.org/files/mailer.txt

<form method="post" action="../cgi-bin/cgiemail/files/mailer.txt">

This is how it works in the mailer form:

<form method="post" action="../cgi-bin/cgiemail/files/mailer.txt">
Your name:<br>
<input type="text" name="yourname" size="25" maxlength="50">
<br><br>
Your email address:<br>
<input type="text" name="required-from" size="25" maxlength="50">
<br><br>
Subject:<br>
<input type="text" name="subject" size="25" maxlength="50">