Complete Data Loss

RainGirl82

4 days back I was working on my site, everything was perfect & today when I logged in there is no index file & nothing...no files, folders, images, nothing. Everything is lost. This is a huge shock. What happened suddenly? Why the data is lost? I did not delete anything in real or in my dreams. When I go to the site, it shows just a blank page.

PLEASE HELP!!! MY DATA IS LOST COMPLETELY!!! :( WHY???

Please help...this is my test site and all the data is gone, a year's work is gone all of a sudden. This is a nightmare!

I'm sorry about your data loss but I doubt heliohost had anything to do with your it since nobody else has experienced this same problem and it's your responsibility to keep a back up of your site. Didn't you back up your files every so often?

URL: www.findaboutindia.com

Please help...this is my test site and all the data is gone, a year's work is gone all of a sudden. This is a nightmare!

Data doesn't just disappear. I believe this is user error. Have you checked your trash folder?

Thanks for support!

Yes I do have backup but anyone would be curious to know about his/her work gone all of a sudden. I know data just don't disappear but believe me I did not delete anything otherwise I wouldn't be troubling you. My last action was to add a package & not the delete.

BTW where is this trash folder, I looked for it but could not locate it.

Also one thing I noticed that when I log in & click on File Manager it shows File Manager Directory Selection pop-up, I had set it to skip the pop-up. Feels like somebody has messed up!

Also one thing I noticed that when I log in & click on File Manager it shows File Manager Directory Selection pop-up, I had set it to skip the pop-up. Feels like somebody has messed up!
No, your .cpanel folder in your directory root is just missing.

The only way HelioHost would touch any of the data in your account is if we were removing the account, and that only happens after you don't touch your account for more than a month. You get two emails warning you beforehand.

I'm pretty sure some FTP client or something else you have messed up. Whatever the issue, your data is probably not recoverable. HelioHost does not keep backups.