Cron Help

RainGirl82

Hello djbob,

Thanks for re-activating my account. I am very much grateful to you.

Just have one request, could you help me please? I am trying to develop an auto-responder system that needs to run quite a few times a day for testing purpose (using cron), right now you just allow running 2 crons per day (read your warning message on site). Could you allow me to run 2-3 crons 3 to 4 times a day (for max. 15 days & not more than that). This time I know how to run cron & there won't be any mistake like last time.

I look forward to your help,

Once again thank you very much.

There are 3 reasons:

1. I want to test it at different times like 1am, 5am, 8am, 12pm, 6pm, 10pm..running it through URL at odd times is difficult.

2. I also want to check whether the system configures properly with cron or not, what messages it reports, errors, does it send proper messages at proper times...this is for initial testing & then switch over to paid hosting because this system is designed to run automatically (if the auto-responding system is worth enough).

3. Right now I am running auto-responding system manually (that works well), now want to test it by making it an automated system.

Tried running with CGI-Wrapper but got loads of error messages because of path, directories, etc....

Well, testing is like this only...running scripts at different intervals & grabbing data & analyzing it. According to me script looks perfect but it is not necessary that it will run as per my expectations & how can I know this without testing it? Once tested 'n' number of times at 'n' random intervals with 'n' email templates...then only I can predict something about scripts behavior.

Right now I tested it with one cron that sends 1 e-mail message at one specific time...also by using cron I wana test that my sendmail script can handle 3-4 different mail messages one after another....not only this, along with this I can learn so many things...tunning up the system as per the requirements, developing a system is a different thing & fine tunning is a different thing.

You are technical as well, you must be knowing that testing is performed in random order to find errors. My system won't cause any harm to your system. Cron is just running sendmail command which is sending mails to my e-mail ids.

Hopefully you can understand it, if you still have any questions I am ready to answer all.

Thanks