Domain / co.cc issues

jessicab

I just signed up for a co.cc domain a few hours ago. If I go to http://sitename.co.cc, my site shows up. However, if I go to http://www.sitename.co.cc, I just get a co.cc page that displays a bunch of ads and says something along the lines of " Name server changes may take up to 48 hours to update throughout the Internet. " Does this mean that if I wait, the www.sitename.co.cc address will work too? Doesn't make much sense seeing as how it works already if I leave the www off the address. I'm sort of worried about this because I don't really think it looks too good when people type in www.mysite.co.cc then get bombarded with ads about looking good naked, especially since this site will have to be seen by my employer. :blink: Thanks in advance for any tips/advice anyone can give about this issue. :)

I just get a co.cc page that displays a bunch of ads and says something along the lines of " Name server changes may take up to 48 hours to update throughout the Internet. " Does this mean that if I wait, the www.sitename.co.cc address will work too? Doesn't make much sense seeing as how it works already if I leave the www off the address.

Yes, your site should work with the www-prefix after the nameserver changes are done. Before that you may not get a working domain.

I just get a co.cc page that displays a bunch of ads and says something along the lines of " Name server changes may take up to 48 hours to update throughout the Internet. " Does this mean that if I wait, the www.sitename.co.cc address will work too? Doesn't make much sense seeing as how it works already if I leave the www off the address.

Yes, your site should work with the www-prefix after the nameserver changes are done. Before that you may not get a working domain.

You have any idea why it takes so long to get the changes done?