phpPgAdmin broken on Stevie

Malmoth

I've just signed up with HelioHost with the hope to experiment with Ruby, PostgreSQL and especially Java.

It seems like a suitable host for a self-educating guy with limited resources, like me.

One of the first things I tried to peeked into was the phpPgAdmin interface, but I constantly keep getting an error trying to open it up. I believe, as it says so, it has something to do with the sesion cookie.

phpPgAdmin might be trying to overwrite the cPannel session cookie, I'm not really sure what exactly the problem is here.

The Error messages I receive:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelphppgadmin/sessions/sess_ae7f860b1449f5153678abac2327cf75, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpPgAdmin/libraries/lib.inc.php on line 56

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpPgAdmin/libraries/lib.inc.php:56) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpPgAdmin/libraries/lib.inc.php on line 56

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpPgAdmin/libraries/lib.inc.php:56) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpPgAdmin/libraries/lib.inc.php on line 56

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpPgAdmin/libraries/lib.inc.php:56) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpPgAdmin/classes/Misc.php on line 359

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelphppgadmin/sessions/sess_ae7f860b1449f5153678abac2327cf75, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/cpanel/userhomes/cpanelphppgadmin/sessions) in Unknown on line 0

Edited by Malmoth

• 4 months later...

I humbly revive my post, since I believe this issue to be a somewhat high priority one.

I know there are many more issues in the queue to be dealt with.

It's just that since PostgreSQL support is the main reason I'm drawn over here, and I think this is the case for quite some more users, the lack of a functioning phpPgAdmin embedded in the cPanel is a major concern in my opinion.

djbob, can you take a look at the issue when you have time please?