EA's latest blunder

Sungazer

Has anyone gotten this yet? And actually gotten it to work???

Ive always liked the NFS series, besides PS, and carbon wasnt the greatest but it did have

a few good points. But Ive never held much regard for EA. With this latest release I dont

know if Ill even stick with the NFS series anymore. EA is by far the worst game developer

ever!!! I mean seriously if you cant release a functional game, dont F***in release it!

Sorry, I just had to vent :angry:

So... anyone get it working? If so hows the game play.

EDIT: Ok, so it works on my lower-end laptop with out of date gfx drivers and not my

higher-end PC with current gfx drivers... weird. Heres what I found, laaaaag. Even at lowest

graphic settings and using some 'fixes' found in the official forums it lags at some points in

game and the menus are heavily affected to the point were its almost non-navigable. I cant

speak for higher-end comps but the gfx even when turn to full seemed like they took a few

giant leaps backward from the previous games. The raceing mechanics/physics seemed really

decent, but I didnt toy with it too much, an hour was all I could stand.

My recomendation, if you want to play a good street racing game, stick with Most Wanted.

IMHO, Undercover is like trying to cut a cake with a brick, it just doesnt work.

EDIT2: Oh ya and 3 other things that really erk'd me. One there is no way to change the

gfx settings (aside from regedit) before you enter the game for the first time, this means a

forced watching of the intro movie at a horrible 640x480 res (at least it did for me). Two I couldnt

seem to find a way do disable autosave or save manually. And three there is no uninstall in

the start menu, you have to use the control panels Add/Remove Programs! And I think thats

about it.

I don't play much games anymore, although I have played a lot of the NFS series on my gamecube and comp.

This one looks pretty good, but not much difference like the others. I guess the plot isn't that great?

Oh and hold up, the movie like thing in between rounds and stuff is real this time? Not something I would want...

Also why not any shortcuts... I'm starting not to like it and see your points...

Anyways maybe this review should help: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42885.html