Sitebuilding

drg

You can use Dreamweaver, Kompozer, Microsoft office Publisher, or any other Program that can export as html/htm

Have a quick google search for more.

What kind of site are you wanting to build?

It is difficult to make one from scratch, so you may want to use a template or a web based designer like http://www.doodlekit.com/ or http://www.cityslide.com/ with easy drag and drop, easy resize, etc.

You can use Dreamweaver, Kompozer, Microsoft office Publisher, or any other Program that can export as html/htm

Have a quick google search for more.

What kind of site are you wanting to build?

It is difficult to make one from scratch, so you may want to use a template or a web based designer like http://www.doodlekit.com/ or http://www.cityslide.com/ with easy drag and drop, easy resize, etc.

[/quote

My website is drgsavill.com When I transfer it here, I will need to edit it and possibly rebuild it. Are there templates and some sitebuilding software from heliohost?

Why must you edit/rebuild it?

And how did you get it done in the first place?

There is no software or templates from heliohost, as there is all kinds available on the web.

I built it with the software Webhero has called Sitebuilder. I need to change some information in it. Of course, I need the option to always update it, improve it.

To do that, all you have to do is download the html/htm files off your server, and replace the necessary text (using notepad, or opening with a html editor), then upload again.

However, if you want to change the layout, or anything drastic like that, then you need a site builder for sure.

Haha i wouldn't recommend it in case you screw something up.

I use Notepad++ which is a lot better.

If you still want to use a text editor, the best way is to search for the text that you want to change, and then simply replace it.

This can be a bit confusing as there are line breaks and paragraph syntax which can be hard to use.

When you are done you can view it by opening with firefox or another internet browser.

Notepad, ftw.

Agreed!

Learn HTML first, establish your language knowledge.

Try on HTML using notepad, then

advance into PHP, MySQL and more...

If you still want to use a text editor, the best way is to search for the text that you want to change, and then simply replace it.

This can be a bit confusing as there are line breaks and paragraph syntax which can be hard to use.

When you are done you can view it by opening with firefox or another internet browser.

I learned with just Notepad, and I think that every aspiring webmaster should first start with their head, notepad, and maybe the occasional w3c validation. That way, your skills are your own and you have a deep understanding of the code as opposed to have something like Dreamweaver do it for you.

I learned with just Notepad, and I think that every aspiring webmaster should first start with their head, notepad, and maybe the occasional w3c validation. That way, your skills are your own and you have a deep understanding of the code as opposed to have something like Dreamweaver do it for you.

Edit: Sorry bout the double post. Apparently my Internet decided to die when I was posting this, so Firefox sent two posts instead of one.