Choices...

GameClaw_268

Stolen from a PC World:

The amount of data a chip can process at once is a fundamental difference between today's 32-bit desktop processors--like Intel's Pentium 4, AMD's Athlon XP, and Apple's Motorola-made G4--and future 64-bit desktop CPUs, says Kevin Krewell, senior editor at Microprocessor Report. In the 64-bit camp are Apple's pending IBM-made G5 and AMD's upcoming Athlon 64.

The 64-bit CPUs can handle more memory and larger files. "The advantage of 64 bits is it gives you a larger address space, which means it lets you address more memory," Krewell says. Today's 32-bit Intel and AMD chips can address up to 4GB of memory (an Apple G4 unit can address 2GB). In Windows-based machines, that 4GB is split between the operating system and the applications. That means the most memory any given application can access is 2GB.

"That limit is not a big deal now, but it could be down the road--particularly in video-editing applications and the like," he adds.

A 64-bit processor, on the other hand, can address up to 16 exabytes of memory (that's over 16 billion gigabytes).

Hey hey hey, I didn't pirate. I just have my connections, and it was completely legal :P

I only pirate stuff I can't get legally :ph34r:

Did you throw him an offer he couldn't refuse ?? B)

No, the person just works for Microsoft :P