IP addresses required to update DNS servers

agi

Hi,

I just registered my first domain (shopaholix.net) at marcaria.com and I'm trying to 'link' it somehow to my heliohost account but there seems to be a problem... I've received this email from marcaria:

Please notice that provided DNS servers were not responding in an authoritative way, so in order to complete registration we have declared our own DNS servers in it's place. Once you have corrected the problem on your DNS servers, you can then log into your Marcaria.com account and re-enter the information of your DNS servers.

Originally I provided the followings:

First DNS: ns1.heliohost.org

IP number: 65.19.143.3

Second DNS: ns2.heliohost.org

All the 4 fields were mandatory, but I couldn't find any information at helionet about the ip addresses, so I just went through the posts here on the forum and found this ip address...

I hope someone can help me correct this!

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I just registered my first domain (shopaholix.net) at marcaria.com and I'm trying to 'link' it somehow to my heliohost account but there seems to be a problem... I've received this email from marcaria:

Please notice that provided DNS servers were not responding in an authoritative way, so in order to complete registration we have declared our own DNS servers in it's place. Once you have corrected the problem on your DNS servers, you can then log into your Marcaria.com account and re-enter the information of your DNS servers.

Originally I provided the followings:

First DNS: ns1.heliohost.org

Second DNS: ns2.heliohost.org

All the 4 fields were mandatory, but I couldn't find any information at helionet about the ip addresses, so I just went through the posts here on the forum and found this ip address...

I hope someone can help me correct this!

Thanks in advance!

I think you got the ip addresses completely wrong,

name class type data time to live

ns1.heliohost.org IN A 65.19.143.4 14400s (4h)

ns2.heliohost.org IN A 65.19.143.5 14400s (4h)

65.19.143.3 is the address of stevie server if i got it right.

Well anyways, you better wait for djbob's answer before taking any action.

It seems that you will have to create an account at HelioHost with that domain before your registrar will accept the nameserver change. I have no idea why they require IP addresses either, but roh112 is right about those IP addresses.