Problem with CNAME and A record

Dilip

I have my domain registered with GoDaddy.

here I am facing two problems in order to host that domain here in heliohost if I want to use Google App.

1- If i am using custom name servers on GoDaddy I am unable to modify DNS records of my domain there (e.g. A records, CNAME and MX records etc). In that case I want to know how I can add custom CNAME records for my domain name cPannel of heliohost. Custom CNAME is needed in order to use google apps.

2- Second problem is if I add CNAME to my domain by parking my domain to godaddy default servers. I need value of A record which can point to my domain here on heliohost. but In that case i am unable to add addon domain. While I tried to add my domain fusionstrings.com it says its pointing to some other IP and it has parked wrapper. (all this was so cryptic to me).

The summery is I want to host my website, web applications and blogs to host on heliohost since it serves my all the needs. ROR, Python, PHP, ASP.net what else one can expect.

Yes one thing is missing that is 'Google Apps'. I am not sure if i can use that or not with my domain hosted on heliohost.

Suggest me any bulletproof way so I can use googleapps with my registered domain.

Wow, you double post after two hours to whine about how your free support isn't fast enough? I'm tempted to just ignore your support request. How about you pay me? Then maybe you'll get support that's faster than the industry standard for paid hosting.

1) You can't add custom CNAME records in cPanel. That feature is not available.

2) 65.19.143.3

Awesome support. Man i thought it was very straight forward question. Is anyone listening?

This is a forum, you are not entitled to support from anyone but the admin, and when he's busy, no one else has to answer you. On the other hand, no one but the admin may have the expertise to answer your question. Best be patient, ex. don't double post.

Edit: (lol, the admin beat to it.)

Wow, you double post after two hours to whine about how your free support isn't fast enough? I'm tempted to just ignore your support request. How about you pay me? Then maybe you'll get support that's faster than the industry standard for paid hosting.

1) You can't add custom CNAME records in cPanel. That feature is not available.

2) 65.19.143.3

My fault you fuckers....Huhh who cares about your ban....I chalange you can't ban me...

An see about support go to freehostia n see lightning fast support. It was not 2 hours just count you moron.

About double posting ..Its was me who though and posted in question coz i thought where to post and choosen questions section, i am not clear about services been provided hence questions section is most suitable...and its common practice if you have posted in wrong topic you can rectify yourself...since i was not allowed to delete my post i didn't but notified...I re-post coz i saw similer post been answered where you djbob... did manual cname entry.

Think honestly and then decide who is right and whose attitude is annoying.

You idiot wizard....let your admin [bleeped!] you mother... dont make admin annoyed my foot...learn you [bleeped!] how to behave to your customers...if you are doing any favor shut down your shop...

But you wouldn't... you know why...coz you are no one in free host reviews because you provide freehosting and then you get these customers turned into paid customers....

I know its abusive but i don't care coz i mean it...prove me wrong I challenge you. u suck..man

Prove you wrong? My pleasure.

First of all, your spelling and conventions are lacking, thereby lowering your credibility to make any claim about our hosting at all.

Secondly, the use of cursing is unnecessary and shows that you haven't read the rules and etiquette pages of the forum, further lowering your credibility.

Thirdly, we do not charge anyone for hosting, if you haven't notice yet, our url ends in .org, denoting that we are an organization. This means that all this is supported by volunteers and the admins, who are volunteering their time as well. If you aren't familiar with the term, a volunteer is one who doesn't get paid; therefore, you are not my customer and I can tell you to to hell :). On another note, last time I checked, we're number one at free-webhosts.com

Lastly, we don't really want people like you around here. You are trying to force help when clearly we do not need to give it to you. If freehostia is faster, go to them, no one is stopping you nor will anyone miss you.

I challenge you to have a maturity level/communication skills higher than that of a pubescent pre-teen.

Don't worry, you'll be banned soon enough, and we'll be rid of one more troll.

Cheers.

Now to wait for Dilip to come up with some lame comeback that will have no relevance to my points whatsoever. Such is the nature of the internet.

Wizard, please refrain from making posts like that. That's what I'm here for.

An see about support go to freehostia n see lightning fast support. It was not 2 hours just count you moron.

Ah. We at HelioNet apologize for not being able to answer your calls from 03:05 AM - 05:39 AM CST and rectify your problems when you needed it. I also apologize for djbob's blatent inability to count, as it was actually roughly 2.57 hours. I'm sure the admins at freehostia would love to provide you lightning-fast support during their sleeping hours where we could not.

About double posting ..Its was me who though and posted in question coz i thought where to post and choosen questions section, i am not clear about services been provided hence questions section is most suitable...and its common practice if you have posted in wrong topic you can rectify yourself...since i was not allowed to delete my post i didn't but notified...I re-post coz i saw similer post been answered where you djbob... did manual cname entry.

Awesome support. Man i thought it was very straight forward question. Is anyone listening?

Thank you for "re-posting" to notify us that you have found a similar thread in which djbob had to manually create a cname entry. Because of that post, all mishaps were avoided. Also, we will enable post deletion, so you can continue to ignore the edit button.

You idiot wizard....let your admin [bleeped!] you mother... dont make admin annoyed my foot...learn you [bleeped!] how to behave to your customers...if you are doing any favor shut down your shop...

We apologize again. Please calm your foot down, as an angry admin foot may cause accidental bans. We will do our best in the future to provide free service from our shop.

But you wouldn't... you know why...coz you are no one in free host reviews because you provide freehosting and then you get these customers turned into paid customers....

Yes, you're right. I can't believe someone caught us. I admit it. We've been taking our clients demanding free webhosting, and setting them up with a business plan of US$0/yr. No wonder we don't have any reviews on our Free WebHosts page.

My fault you fuckers....Huhh who cares about your ban....I chalange you can't ban me...

Please don't challenge us :(. I don't know what happened, but the last time someone challenged us, their ISP was notified. I would hate to see that again.

Think honestly and then decide who is right and whose attitude is annoying.

It's yours. Realize that although you might see the sun, in other parts of the world, it's strangely dark outside. You posted when djbob (should have) been asleep. Secondly, you're demanding service, although you're getting this service for free (I will also add that we do not charge for any hosting at all). This in itself is just plain stupid. If you don't like it, that's fine. Don't use our services, and go away. If you don't like us, we don't want you here. It's as simple as that. We aren't #1 on Free WebHosts because our service sucks or because we charge people.

I know its abusive but i don't care coz i mean it...prove me wrong I challenge you. u suck..man

I challenge you to go away.