Opening new website isn't working

Net2008

Hello

Ok, so I tried to open up a new account to get a new website for my netball club, but I can not get past the login screen (cpanel). I tried everything from resending the password (which I know) to trying the address as username, but nothing works. The email account for the club is with hotmail, and I have yet to receive ONE email from Helionet there! How come? When I switched the email for this posting account to my university email, I did finally get validated and was able to post this query here, but that still didn't get me any further getting my website started. What could be the problem here? Am I just dense or is there a flaw in the system? How can I fix this??

By the way, I can not access the .../cpanel site directly - A small server window pops up asking me for the username and password, and if I just hit OK three times (or put JUST my username in) it lets me proceed to the login screen, where I am stuck again after entering both, my username and password. Gosh this is frustrating. Any ideas how to fix this? I promised my club members a new site but this doesn't look good...!

Help!!!

Oh, and yes, the 24hr waiting period is over already...

Did you check your spam mail folder? - Yes I have (of course!!)

Did you try to login with all lowercase letters in your username? - No I didn't, good suggestion! ---- OMG!! That worked!!! I don't know why (since my name starts with a capital letter) but it worked!! Thanks so much!!! :wub: XOXOXOX

Have you been a good little boy? - Actually I am a girl ;)

Alrighty - off to do some web designing :) Thanks again!!!! :lol:

Did you check your spam mail folder? - Yes I have (of course!!)

Did you try to login with all lowercase letters in your username? - No I didn't, good suggestion! ---- OMG!! That worked!!! I don't know why (since my name starts with a capital letter) but it worked!! Thanks so much!!! :wub: XOXOXOX

Have you been a good little boy? - Actually I am a girl ;)

Alrighty - off to do some web designing :) Thanks again!!!! :lol:

No problem.

It works because the Linux server only accepts lowercase usernames.

Have fun stormin' the castle.