Do you like greenday?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd like to pitch in my opinion of this. I think they are great, and I love their new album. A lot of people have started to call them emo, which is pretty much "pop rock," and an insult in the rock world (if I'm right). I'm pissed off. Green day is in no way emo, their songs are great and their lyrics are deep and profound.

It seems this all revolves around radio. If a rock radio station doesn't buy a rock band's album, but a pop station does, that makes the group emo. It has gone to the extent that if a pop station plays your song, you are emo. Well that just sucks... uhm... crap because pop stations shouldn't decide the reputation of a rock band.

This has been happening to a lot of great bands lately, and I just wanted to pitch in my two cents.

Actually, I'd like to pitch in that, by definition, ALL music is emo, short for emotional. I would like to hear one song that didnt have any feeling behind it, and I'm sick of all these little punks who are creating sub-genres that dont make any sense!

Yeh, I agree. Well, sort of. The kind of emo that is just rock music with standard stereotypical "love" lyrics, I don't like it. Usually. Well, you know what I mean, But "emo" like Jimmy Eat World (my friends consider them overly "emo") is fine.

What I mean is, I don't like "bands" whose songs are only about love, and have no sense to them.

Yeah, but you can get that out of any other genre.

To all those in the generation just below me who listen to crap music, STOP MAKING FREAKING SUB-GENRES THAT DONT MAKE SENSE!!!

... Ok, I'm good now...

P.S.

If your gunna commit suicide, DO IT ALREADY!

Ok, NOW i'm done.

• 2 weeks later...

Green Day is wonderful. Amercican Idiot algum is full of great songs with meaningfull lyrics...

and BTW i like pop and rock and I do know the difference between them... GD is rock... not hard rock, but rock.

any problems with love :wub: songs???? ^_^

No problem with love songs, I jsut dont think they should have their own sub-genre.

Anyways, did they cover Time of Your Life, or have they really been around that long? cuz that song is at least 5 years old.

• 2 months later...