Is Crysis as good as all the hype was?

I'm thinking about getting Crysis. I know everybody crapped their pants over it for a long time, but is this game more than just hype? It's down to about 28 bucks at newegg so it's never been cheaper than now, so, unless it's a bad game, I might get it.

Another thing...Is Call of Duty 4 worth getting? I've heard two sides with this one. One is that the graphics are phenomenal and that they love the game; the other is that it's nothing more than graphics and the game isn't any good. Has anybody played it that's not a COD fanatic and can give me a good opinion about this game? same question goes with Crysis, too.

Crysis? Short answer, yes. Long answer, heck yes. Just make sure you have a computer that can handle that kind of heat. It requires mad specs to play.

COD4 is a personal choice, Halo 3 fanatics and COD4 fanboys argue about this all the time. I'm neutral so you know, whatever floats your boat.

Crysis? Short answer, yes. Long answer, heck yes. Just make sure you have a computer that can handle that kind of heat. It requires mad specs to play.

COD4 is a personal choice, Halo 3 fanatics and COD4 fanboys argue about this all the time. I'm neutral so you know, whatever floats your boat.

Thanks a bunch Wizard. That's exactly the opinion I was hoping to hear. I'm planning on building a new machine soon, so it should be able to play it. I sortof like the Halo games, except I'm almost entirely a pc gamer, so I haven't even played H3 yet. I think I'll give COD4 a shot. Loads of people do like it so, it's bound to be worth something...I just hope it's worth 48 bucks...

Oh, by the way, I mentioned that Crysis was on Newegg for 28 -- not sure where I saw that -- It's 37, so still not too bad.

Well I can't say much about Crysis, I played the demo and it was definitely fun, but my computer just won't handle the graphics very well. It still plays fine on lower settings but I can't give a full opinion about it.

Call of Duty 4 is probably the most fun online game I've played in a long time. I never was into any of the other cod games, so I guess I can't be called a fanatic. And I am all PC gamer. So I've never played the Halo series, except for at friends houses. But cod4 is alot of fun, although I think the single player was a bit short. I just like cod4 because it's all modern guns so to me it's more fun. I'm tired of all the old war games. It makes me sad cod5 is going to be wwII. But I don't think you'll regret it, especially if you will play it online.

Well I can't say much about Crysis, I played the demo and it was definitely fun, but my computer just won't handle the graphics very well. It still plays fine on lower settings but I can't give a full opinion about it.

Call of Duty 4 is probably the most fun online game I've played in a long time. I never was into any of the other cod games, so I guess I can't be called a fanatic. And I am all PC gamer. So I've never played the Halo series, except for at friends houses. But cod4 is alot of fun, although I think the single player was a bit short. I just like cod4 because it's all modern guns so to me it's more fun. I'm tired of all the old war games. It makes me sad cod5 is going to be wwII. But I don't think you'll regret it, especially if you will play it online.

especially if you will play it online... sounds like a problem to me then.. As of right now, I've still got Dial-up, so I guess that doesn't work. I got tired of the old war games too, though, so maybe this would be interesting--modern guns sound promising...

Gosh darnit! I still can't decide if I should get this game! I'm pretty sure I'll get Crysis though

As of right now, I've still got Dial-up, so I guess that doesn't work.

...You poor poor soul.

@Trippin: You can get Halo for PC. Halo 1 and 2 are out, 'cept Halo 2 requires Vista. <_<

I knew halo 1 was out, and I have Vista so I could get halo 2.

But I don't know if they'd really be worth it since I'm no so much into playing the singleplayer missions. I buy games JUST for the online versions.

As of right now, I've still got Dial-up, so I guess that doesn't work.

...You poor poor soul.

@Trippin: You can get Halo for PC. Halo 1 and 2 are out, 'cept Halo 2 requires Vista. <_<

I knew halo 1 was out, and I have Vista so I could get halo 2.

But I don't know if they'd really be worth it since I'm no so much into playing the singleplayer missions. I buy games JUST for the online versions.

@wizard Dial-up is so bad I don't know how to describe it. haha, I appreciate your sympathy--Good part is, I convinced my mom to call insight so we might be getting that (they probably don't service us, just like all the other high speed providers) but I won't let that get me down!

@Trippin: I didn't care much for halo 1... I played Halo 2 for Vista and beat it during the 30 day registration period for Vista and it was okay.. I'd say everybody should at least play it a little--it's worth that at least. I used to really like it, but it's pretty boring now.. plus, to play it, I have to reformat my hard drive every thirty days cause my main vista install is on my laptop. Halo 3 for vista would be cool with me...not sure they'll do that though.

@wizard Dial-up is so bad I don't know how to describe it. haha, I appreciate your sympathy--Good part is, I convinced my mom to call insight so we might be getting that (they probably don't service us, just like all the other high speed providers) but I won't let that get me down!

Where do you live that has you stuck in gamer hell(lack of a decent 'net connection)?

Where do you live that has you stuck in gamer hell(lack of a decent 'net connection)?

I have no idea what the freakin problem is with these providers. I live right outside of Evansville, which is one of the bigger cities in Indiana. It's a pretty populated area where I live, too. The retarded thing is, people who are further from the city from me, and live in the middle of nowhere(the center of a cornfield) have all the highspeed internet options they want!

Actually I could get satellite internet, but it's really expensive and pretty slow for that price...

So, I have no clue why it is the way it is...

EDIT: the insight people probably couldn't find my house... They said they would call by now but they haven't :( .