web site designing

Yeah. I know PHP spits out HTML as output, doesn't python do the same?

It spits out HTML, but PHP/python using HTML?

I mean, does php have any alternative way of output? The Internet is encased in < and >.

PHP isn't limited to the web, even though that is it's primary use. There are plenty of PHP wrappers for graphical toolkits. PHP-GTK, PHP-QT, PHP SDL, etcetc as well as 'Print "Hello World!"' and such from the console.

The best platform for you no questions asked is Drupal.

Drupal is an open sourced CMS (content management system)

Long story short, you upload this to your website, and you have a full functioning PHP and MySQL website that requires no HTML & PHP coding unless you want to do some custom mods.

The great thing with Drupal is that you can add functionality like integration with anything from Facebook, windows live, to Google maps and even the ability to create an online social network, or even an online store as big as amazon. All this is done through add-on modules provided by the open source community. The same goes for the look of your site, you can browse through thousands of pre-made themes that are open to any type of customization. The possibilities with this platform are limitless.

C|Net download.com says this about drupal

Drupal is an open-source platform and content-management system for building dynamic Web sites. It offers a broad range of features and services including user administration, publishing work flow, discussion capabilities, news aggregation, metadata functionalities using controlled vocabularies, and XML publishing for content-sharing purposes. Equipped with a powerful blend of features and configurability, Drupal can support a diverse range of Web projects ranging from personal Weblogs to large community-driven sites.

As an open-source software project maintained and developed by a community, Drupal is free to download and use. Version 5.0 adds retooled administration pages, a Web-based installer, the jQuery JavaScript library, a new core theme, more logging reports, performance tuning, and many other new features. Drupal is platform-independent and only requires a Web server that can execute PHP scripts.

If you need any help, feel free to ask me.

Check it out, http://drupal.org

I typically use good ole notepad for my web design. This is obviously unfeasible for large sites but since I don't make sites for a living that's not really a problem. The reason I do this is because I can access the cPanel of most hosts and use the virtual notepad anywhere, where as FTP is obviously much more limited.

When I'm forced to use a program, I generally use PSPad. It handles almost every language out there that doesn't require a compiler and it has a built in FTP and it doesn't "build my site for me" so to speak.

I use notepad and the cPanel code editor for most web design. Id I am making a bigger site that requires a lot of coding, I stay more with using cPanel to fix all of my problems, but if I don't care how it turns out, I use notepad.