Just signed up, stil no email

RhythmAngel

I just signed up for an Ad Standard account, but have not received any email explaining what I should expect or do once the account is activated by the admin. I checked the spam mail folder and such, but nothing. I got the email to activate on this forum just fine, but nothing about the webspace. Does it normally take a while before I receive it due to waiting for activation?

I hear great things about this webhost, so I'm hoping it's just me being too impatient or axnious to get started and nothing wrong! :)

Thanks!

Did you type in your email right? Did you try to login?

If you did, just be patient. It should work, if all else fails, you can send a PM to djbob. He'll hook you up.

Okay! :)

However, when I try to go to the webspace, it does prompt me to sign in with a Microsoft Login pop-up. The first time I was prompted to log in and tried my username, which didn't work. I tried again with the site address and password, it brought up the cPortal log in screen and when I tried to sign in with my username and password it told me my log in was wrong. Is this a normal occurance before the account has been activated?

It probably just wasn't activated yet.

That seems to be the problem with all the n00bies. Maybe we should fix a sign to the login/signup page saying lowercase usernames only.
I'll put that into the FAQ someone wrote earlier (was that you?).

It probably just wasn't activated yet.

That seems to be the problem with all the n00bies. Maybe we should fix a sign to the login/signup page saying lowercase usernames only.
I'll put that into the FAQ someone wrote earlier (was that you?).

No, I think Joe [teh awesome one] wrote the FAQ.