FTP malfunction

JcX

Just to inform, at this moment, FTP fails to function.

The error return from CuteFTP was

"failed to resolve ftp.jcx.heliohost.org"

Please look into it. Thanks for support.

I have had problems connecting to FTP before also, and currently it won't work with my domain, but if I type in the IP address of the server instead of my domain it connects just fine.

64.235.55.112 <-- Use that with your username and password, and it connects just fine.

I don't know if this is a problem with heliohost's servers of what but at least we can still connect!

Would the DNS not resolving be why my site is inaccessible to some people while it's completely accessible to others? Happens to me alot when I'm working on it, and yet I'll ask a friend (on the other side of the US) to visit and it works fine for him.

Yea so I think it's ironic that we talk about this then it happens to me multiple times today. http://trippin.uni.cc randomly won't work for me (i'm in florida on embarq) and a friend in california can view the site just fine. I don't understand why it's random like that though, and he never has problems viewing the site. Yet I can view my site using my subdomain trippin.heliohost.org but even today THAT stopped working (only once though) so I found out i'm able to view my site at http://64.235.55.112/~trippin but viewing my site at trippin.heliohost.org and theip/~trippin i'm not able to work on my forum since it automatically redirects to trippin.uni.cc

I hope that makes sense because it's late and i'm tired. If it doesn't i'll fix it tomorrow.