The Sarah Jane Adventures

meriadoc

In the U.S. we are just getting our first taste of The Sarah Jane Adventures on the scifi channel? I was away this weekend and set up my VCR to record. Only problem is that the wrong tape speed was selected and it ran out of tape with about a half hour to go. As a result I can only comment on a portion of the show. Anyone know if they are going to replay this episode? It wasn't part of the online videos at scifi.com. Perhaps it will be in the future.

Elisabeth Sladen is as lovely as I remember and I must say that I can only hope to look as fit and attractive when I reach that point in my life. Sarah appears a bit snobby or elusive at first. Later you can see that she really cares about people, but doesn't want them to get too close to her or the dangers of what she does. Another character I liked was Maria, a young girl that has just moved in across the street from Sarah Jane Smilth. I felt that the two of them make a good team. Overall I would say they have the potential to launch an interesting series of adventures. When you think about it Earth is as good a place as any for aliens to visit. They certainly would blend in well enough with our celebrities.

Thus far I've only seen a portion of one show which makes it tough to compare it to Doctor Who. Russell T. Davies is the creative force behind the show so there will most likely be a few similarities. Torchwood hasn't come to the SciFi channel yet. Unless you have access to BBC America or live in the UK it will be difficult to view. Although on the BBC America website it looks like you can get series one of Torchwood on DVD.