Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

As I said... homigod. This game is absolutely fantastic. I picked it up the other day after a friend said it was similar to Deus Ex in terms of a good story and open-endedness. She was right.

It's the best computer RPG I've played, hands-down. It isn't an overly hyped "sandbox" RPG like Oblivion, which in my opinion was TOO open-ended... there just wasn't enough story and character connections to keep it interesting. Vampire, on the other hand, has taken many of my "should-be-working" hours away, with its captivating atmosphere and breathtakingly well-done characters.

And to make matters even better, combat is NOT a huge focus! You can make a character skilled in conversation, intimidation, and seducation, and still get through the game with no issues! And you can even play as an insane character who talks to stop signs and TVs. :D

Plus, there's a nice (semi-hidden) track from Massive Attack's "Mezzanine" during the character screen. That alone makes it amazing. ;)

Definitely give this one a playthrough. I know I'll be playing it through at least four times - the vampire "clan" you pick totally changes the approach you'll need to take through the game.

If I were one of those fancy reviewer types, I'd give it an ELEVEN out of ten.

• 4 weeks later...

it really is an AEWSOME game...great graphics, jogability, and many other things, like u said ELEVEN XDD