why was kyle banned?

kronix3

One of his accounts (he should've only had one...) had a "Runescape 3 beta" running on it. It was a phishing scam... he asked for a pin number when logging in, and also asked for credit card information in order to register new accounts.

okay. wait. i know of that phishing site that he used..but i dont recall him asking for any credit card information...

Whether or not it was asking for credit card details or not it was still a phishing site

I don't think that it was the same kyle, as I find it highly unlikely that a 15 year be trying to pull of some illegal scam. I tried to help him out once, and he was all but to hesitant to open a .css file I sent him because he thought I might "hack his computer through it". He just doesn't seem like the type.

That's what I thought, but this was absolutely obvious. He had a Flash login to Runescape that failed indefinitely that requested a bank PIN, and he collected credit card information. There's no question that this was a phishing scam.

A lot of young people conduct scams like this. I've had some spammer try to blackmail me into giving him a free domain once; he was like 13.