Pink Floyd

euler

In my opinion, the best band rock... ever

Pink Floyd are an English rock band that initially earned recognition for their psychedelic rock music, and, as they evolved, for their progressive rock music. They are known for philosophical lyrics, sonic experimentation, innovative cover art, and elaborate live shows. One of rock music's most successful acts, the group have sold an estimated 74.5 million albums in the United States alone. Only in the United States... in all over the world? :wacko: , fantastic!

• 1 month later...

I never knew that they were connected to Monty Pyton! Wow... that's amazing.

That being said, I'm a huge fan. Dark Side of the Moon is an epic experience that must be listened to in its full form. My fiancee keeps trying to get me to watch the movie version of The Wall, which I hear is very symbolic and atmospheric (my favorite things in movies... ^_^).

I actually get a little flustered when I see people wearing Floyd t-shirts when it's so painstakingly obvious that they've never listened to em. :S Pet peeve, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I've been a fan of Pink Floyd right from the start in 1967 (the days of "Arnold Layne" and "Emily Play"). That's one of the advantages of being that old : to have experienced the birth of an entirely new kind of music (complex and "psychedelic"), evolving from rather straightforward blues and rock & roll of the fifties. It seems to me, the music you hear nowadays on radio and television is much more "conventional" than the things you heard in the late sixties, early seventies (Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Iggy Pop & the Stooges, Frank Zappa & the Mothers, Jimi Hendrix, etc.). I'm not saying music of those days was "better" than nowadays. But I'm afraid it's become very difficult for a performing artist to do experimental things since the bigger record companies don't allow that. Perhaps Internet can provide an audience for more original artists, away from the mainstream?

Regards,

zippo