Hosting Account Notification

BlankMind

Hello, Heliohost guys o/

I have an ad supported account and I'm very happy with the service.

I just received this e-mail:

"Dear ee06,

Your hosting account at HelioHost is about to expire. It will be suspended in seven days on Wednesday, December 31st. This is either due to a period of account inactivity or missed renewal date. If you have not logged into cPanel in the last three months, please renew your account ASAP by visiting <a href='http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/renew.php?username=ee06'>here</a>. If you have a forum-posting-based account, you must renew your hosting by purchasing a hosting item in the forum store.

Regards,

HelioHost Staff"

The link takes me to a page that shows:

"Sorry, your username could not be found in the list of accounts suspended for being inactive. If you have a forum-based account, try renewing it. Otherwise, contact site support."

What I did was login cpanel again. Is that enough to avoid my account of being deleted? I would be very happy if someone can give me some information.

I've not logged in the account for a long time because I've installed a photolog script, so every user (including me) post the image from a webpage and I don't need to change things in cpanel or upload files myself in ftp.

Thank you very much for the support.

o/

Then it's probably for not logging in to your account, unless you have a posting package. The reason for doing this is simply so that people who are inactive an will probably never use their site again, have it deleted so that djbob doesn't have to worry about them wasting his disk space. That script is there to make sure that you are still actually using the site.

Joe

Well to get a definite answer you would have to ask djbob, but if you don't have a posting for hosting plan, then I can tell you with great confidence that logging into the cpanel will keep your account from expiring.

If you have a posting plan, you might have to renew it depending on when you bought it. You still have to log into the cpanel no matter what your plan is.

Joe

Hello, Heliohost guys o/

I have an ad supported account and I'm very happy with the service.

I just received this e-mail:

"Dear ee06,

Your hosting account at HelioHost is about to expire. It will be suspended in seven days on Wednesday, December 31st. This is either due to a period of account inactivity or missed renewal date. If you have not logged into cPanel in the last three months, please renew your account ASAP by visiting <a href='http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/renew.php?username=ee06'>here</a>. If you have a forum-posting-based account, you must renew your hosting by purchasing a hosting item in the forum store.

Regards,

HelioHost Staff"

The link takes me to a page that shows:

"Sorry, your username could not be found in the list of accounts suspended for being inactive. If you have a forum-based account, try renewing it. Otherwise, contact site support."

What I did was login cpanel again. Is that enough to avoid my account of being deleted? I would be very happy if someone can give me some information.

I've not logged in the account for a long time because I've installed a photolog script, so every user (including me) post the image from a webpage and I don't need to change things in cpanel or upload files myself in ftp.

Thank you very much for the support.

o/

Whatever the situation, your account seems to be fine and the last login time is currently shown as 11/23/2007. The script goes through all accounts and prunes inactive ones. It judges accounts inactive if their control panel has not been touched for three months.

• 3 weeks later...
The script goes through all accounts and prunes inactive ones. It judges accounts inactive if their control panel has not been touched for three months.
I look at stats (disk space usage, monthly bandwidth transfer) on the root cPanel page monthly. But I got the same letter, and when clicked the link in the letter also was told "your username could not be found in the list of accounts suspended for being inactive". After that I went to cPanel one more time.

Ads Standard plan in my case.

P.S. Current Style: [root]

(I never changed cPanel skin), language English. Each time I visit cPlanel it asks for basic authentication (username, password), it's normal.

• 2 weeks later...

peace and love y'all don't disable my account

http://digitalx.heliohost.org

I am so profoundly in appreciation coupled with an aura of beautitude aimed in the precise direction of this wonderfully extraordinary server sent to us... by the bounty of admin our forum Amen all joking aside the viseral feeling of gratitude

knowing into the depths of my DNA that this morcel of poetic crapology will luckly remain in the unread zone

don't delete my account for the love of Bambi and Thumper

the great Disney himself just did not unsay this he he he

peace and love y'all don't disable my account

http://digitalx.heliohost.org

O.K. I'm not sure but maybe I'm not going to be deleted

that would be O.K.

I just logged into the cpanel and everything seems O.K.

so I should read the rules here cause I feel as though I might have missed something, not O.K.