Signup script is messed up

karath

I know you've had many complaints before about this, but this time I would like to lodge a complaint. I bought a hosting plan (250 helions) and I used the new user signup thing. However, it said "username cannot be found!" I went back and typed in a username, and then pressed the new user signup button. However, it said I did not possess the item anymore. What is this? A drain, which is one sided? Djbob, please refund my 250 helions and fix the script problem. It is not a massive problem to me, since I have helions to cover the cost, but to a newer person that would be a big hit. In the stomach.

Regards,

-KaRath

Please read my message properly next time.

Please read their post carefully. You weren't supposed to click the sign up, as you are not a new user. You were supposed to input your hosting user name, then click renew.

BTW: Please don't use caps locks, it's real irritating, as it doesn't emphasize anything, instead use italics on the small part in whitch you want to be emphasized.

Joe

Please read their post carefully. You weren't supposed to click the sign up, as you are not a new user. You were supposed to input your hosting user name, then click renew.

He wanted to make a new hosting account.

djbob: Your signup script is broken. When you try to create a new hosting account, it says that I left the username space blank.

I pressed new user FIRST WITHOUT INPUTTING A NAME. Do you want me to waste another 250 helions to prove it to you or what? I PRESSED THE NEW USER BUTTON FIRST WITHOUT INPUTTING A NAME. Please read my message properly next time.
You need to calm down. No need for yelling.

Your post was confusing because you used ambiguous verbs ("use") and ambiguous nouns ("thing"). Outline the exact process you went through next time to avoid confusion.

PS: "Use" is especially confusing considering it is a function of the store. When you used that verb, I assumed you meant the action of "using" an item.

Anyways, the signup works fine for me. Here is what I am doing: I am buying a "Posting Standard Hosting" item. I am then clicking "Use" in the Inventory screen. Then "Signup" under the "New Users" header. I am then redirected to a signup page. Are you all doing the same steps as I am and/or are your errors occuring in the aforementioned steps?

Anyways, the signup works fine for me. Here is what I am doing: I am buying a "Posting Standard Hosting" item. I am then clicking "Use" in the Inventory screen. Then "Signup" under the "New Users" header. I am then redirected to a signup page. Are you all doing the same steps as I am and/or are your errors occuring in the aforementioned steps?

Have you tested with other browsers? I do exactly what you do as it's insanely obvious. When I click on the "Signup" button in either Firefox or Opera, I get the error in the attached screenie.

EDIT: In IE, it works fine. In Opera, I get what's in the screenie. In Firefox, I get that the item does not exist. How inconsistent.

post-154-1193023504_thumb.jpg

You probably get that the item does not exist because you did not purchase three items for testing, and you ran out.

Anyways, looks like the Javascript I used is faulty. For now, just use IE when getting new accounts. I will try to fix this ASAP.