ps3

Although I'll give this topic a meaning.

I've been looking at the PS3, and I'm still wondering why the thing is so much, even after the price drop. If it's the Blu-ray player, is it THAT important? If I want to play Blu-ray Discs, I'll go get a seperate player and save my money (because Blu-ray is silly, IMO). Sony's STILL losing money, I believe, on each PS3 (prove me wrong if you can, it's just what I heard).

If anyone has a PS3 or has played one at a friends for an extended time (and I'm not talking demo systems at the nearest gaming store), any opinions would be much appreciated. I'd like to know the pros and cons of one, aside the price.

It is the Blu-Ray player. Thats why its so expensive. The diodes cost a lot.

I have a PS3 and i like it. The only thing i can think of that i really dont like is that we cant get the XMB media bar in-game. But that will be fixed in the next update. So after that is fixed i wont really have anything to complain about.

It's because it's actually a full console... The PS3 is a powerhouse, no doubt about it. It's a pretty complete package when you consider what it has compared to the other systems

PS3 v Wii: The wii, as a console, is much less powerful... It doesn't allow any media related operations (Except the lousy photo and video viewer, and the bad-as-can-be opera browser). Many things were left out just to produce a cheap console, so screw entertainment value, it's cheap and it looks like the people in the ads have fun swinging the wiimote around >_>

PS3 v Xbox: The Xbox hardware is lower to the PS3's... while competitive, it's still lower.

I mean... the PS3 is superb piece of hardware, easily pimp-slapping the other consoles. The problem isn't what it's capable of achieving, but what it currently is. Not only are the game title delayed for... forever, due to it being too-high end and nobody actually using it to full performace... there's no point in buying one when most of the game selection is out for Xbox. You don't really need all the extra processing power when the Xbox plays the games just fine.

PS3 currently is a gamble, such as the new DirectX 10 cards, as they are a lot of money for an unknown quantity. Wii is way better than PS3 and even the Xbox 360 is better. Currently. So sorry to contridict there, but the PS3 is easily the worst of all the consoles. Because it doesn't utilise the power efficiently enough.

But still, playstation3 graphic wise is better than all the other consoles.

You cant even say the Wii is better then the PS3. The Wii is just a fad now. Its not going to last much longer. Ill give it another year.

How long can you play Wii tennis and not get bored?

Preference is subjective. How long can I play any game without getting bored? About an hour. If it were with a friend, I can play it all day.

Yeah, the Wii is gimmicky, and people seem to like gimmicky.

The PS3 was just badly designed. What's the point of making a pimped out console if you won't use all that power? Sony could have easily done with half the hardware specs and half the price, and would have probably sold alot better.

Sony could have easily done with half the hardware specs and half the price, and would have probably sold alot better.

Gimmicky is fun.

Probably, notice how people started buying PS3s like mad when they dropped 100USD off of the price and said that it's only temporary. I heard that the PS3 was originally not going to have that GPU since the cell processor was designed to function as a GPU as it calcuates vectors quickly. Third parties are unfortunately not taking advantage of the cell because multi-thread programs are hard as hell to program. Hopefully, SquareEnix's White Engine will catch on. Beautiful real-time raytracing.

The PS3 was just badly designed. What's the point of making a pimped out console if you won't use all that power? Sony could have easily done with half the hardware specs and half the price, and would have probably sold alot better.

the grapic anrt that good on wii

i think only the controller was bad with the grip

It is the Blu-Ray player. Thats why its so expensive. The diodes cost a lot.

I have a PS3 and i like it. The only thing i can think of that i really dont like is that we cant get the XMB media bar in-game. But that will be fixed in the next update. So after that is fixed i wont really have anything to complain about.

ui think the 360 is btter than the ps3 dont u?