Problem: lsass.exe under admin...

Alright, for the computer savvy only guys. My friend's computer is messed up and needs serious fixing, and I think it is because of a process called lsass.exe running under "USER" instead of "SERVICES". Can anyone give me a fix?

Well... define "messed up" . For me lsass runs as system, and I can see how it being otherwise can cause trouble.

Since it's lsass running as a system process, you can't terminate it or do anything about it for all I know, I've yet to encounter that problem.

Worst case scenario, it would involve re-installing windows.

Since I'm not sure how "messed up" the PC is, all I suggest is grab a copy of BartPE or some other OS you can run live and backup all your data. This is just worst case scenario, anyways.

I'm sure with a bit more information I could help you better ;)

Yeah, that's probably some rouge service installed under that name so it's more discrete.

If it is possible, run your PC in safe mode, that should stop the rogue process from starting up. Then either search for it, or run an AV to solve the issue.

Yeah, that's probably some rouge service installed under that name so it's more discrete.

If it is possible, run your PC in safe mode, that should stop the rogue process from starting up. Then either search for it, or run an AV to solve the issue.

Okay... thanks for the info :)

Shannenname, the process can't be ended because the DLL is still running.

Can Kaspersky run in Safe Mode?