MySQL Databases

ShannenName

With MySQL databases I know that if your using it on your own HelioHost webpage then all you need it localhost but if I needed it for an 'outside' webhost what shall I use for the server name?

With MySQL databases I know that if your using it on your own HelioHost webpage then all you need it localhost but if I needed it for an 'outside' webhost what shall I use for the server name?

The address/IP and port of the external mysql DB.

• 4 months later...
Ok thank you very much

I am in a similar situation - I need to access the MySQL database but not through a web page. I am building a database driven website but it won't be able to display all of the data from the database on the webpages. As a result, I would like to give the client the option to download all of the data from the MySQL database using some software. But how do I connect to the MySQL server on Heliohost? The website will be used to enter the data and to display some of the data.

I see that I should use port 3306 but I don't see what the address of the Database server is. Can you help?

If yes, I greatly appreciated it.

Thank you

Peterpan

• 2 weeks later...

Oops... I didn't realize ShannenName started this topic, so I thought he was coming in and asking questions for peterpan in order to up his Helions. My mistake.

What if it's externally hosted?
First of all, I need to make sure your account either has some hosted content or is a forum-posting-based one. If the ads aren't being shown, then we aren't able to pay for your account. Please PM me to make sure you satisfy those conditions, and I'll help you out.