Dreams

What if you are in a dream right now?

What if everything you see, hear, and even touch is part of your dream. Your family, your friends, your Life is all part of your dream. All the good things in your life and all the bad things are part of your dream. Everything even what your reading right now is part of your dream.

Everything is your dream....

You wake up and end up in a different life. With a different family, different everything. 2nd question dont know, its more of a spooky thing. lol If u imagine it its pretty freaky.

If that happened to me, I would be one seriously confused person. If I just woke up and found I wasn't actually 19, but something like 8 or 9, I may feel relieved because I can maybe learn from the dream and not make the mistakes I've made, but if I was a completely different person from what I dreamt, I wouldn't know what to do. I'd probably just have to start from scratch and live my life to the best of my ability. That is rather depressing though, the thought that all of your friends and loved ones don't actually exist.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

There is a short story by Ambrose Bierce called An Occurrence at Owl Creek. In that story an American Civil War prisoner is being hanged from a bridge. As he drops the rope breaks and he is able to escape. He makes his way home and as he and his wife are running toward each other we find out that it has only been his imagination. His neck breaks and he dies; the entire escape happened in his head in a split second. It was also made into a short film that was shown on The Twilight Zone.

What if the life you are living now is actually in your imagination? What if even as you read this you're true self is taking it's last breath?