Leopard

At this rate anything will kill Vista, but it's OS X. I would switch to a mac if my programs had Mac ports. Sadly, most do not.

And this is the reason why most people will never switch and why you'll continue to remain a slave to the Microsoft Corporation.

Leopard is really no different than any other version of Mac, that is, it introduces more useless features and is still as expensive as ever. Upgrades are not free.

Ouch, I think that's a bit harsh mod.

I think that Leopard will be decent, but the mainstream will still stick with Windows Vista.

I think the Linux distribution is a lot better. It's free, and it can co-boot and work Windows Programs.

I've used Leopard quite a bit, and I think "it's just another OS", but with some useful features. It's cheap compared to Vista, but still expensive. I use Ubuntu, XP, Tiger, Leopard, and Vista. I have to say I like them in this order.

1. Ubuntu

2. Leopard

3. Tiger

4. XP

5. Vista

Ubuntu is a great OS, you can dual boot it easily, and there are tons of programs for it.

I've used Leopard quite a bit, and I think "it's just another OS", but with some useful features. It's cheap compared to Vista, but still expensive. I use Ubuntu, XP, Tiger, Leopard, and Vista. I have to say I like them in this order.

Every component in OSX has a price. While the base cost of a Mac OS X system with no extra features is at least on par with a Vista system, the extra components that make it great will make it cost so much more. On top of that, every upgrade to OS X, which is only about equivalent to a service pack in Windows, costs money. Not exactly cost-effective.

Every component in OSX has a price. While the base cost of a Mac OS X system with no extra features is at least on par with a Vista system, the extra components that make it great will make it cost so much more. On top of that, every upgrade to OS X, which is only about equivalent to a service pack in Windows, costs money. Not exactly cost-effective.

I'm just wondering, does Mac Leopard OS Have as many drivers as Vista or XP, or even more? Because I think that Mac might be successful if it had many driver supports.

I'm just wondering, does Mac Leopard OS Have as many drivers as Vista or XP, or even more? Because I think that Mac might be successful if it had many driver supports.

Thinkin' in Windows terms. Macs can only be installed and run on Apple's proprietary hardware. So that they can make the most out of a computer sale, all of their hardware is also manufactured by them, up until now that is, with the Intel Macs. They only have drivers for their own hardware. You can't just buy a Mac CD and install it on your box.

1. Ubuntu

2. Leopard

3. Tiger

4. XP

5. Vista

Ubuntu is a great OS, you can dual boot it easily, and there are tons of programs for it.

I know that this is a little off topic....but why do you prefer Ubuntu? I just recently heard about it and I did some research. I'm planning on switching to it on my laptop. This is because I'm more reliant on my desktop...Plus...my laptop isn't the best...

I need to know before I change my XP to Ubuntu....is it worth it?

Btw...I don't have the XP reinstall CD so I'm stuck with Ubuntu if I do it.