YouTube's merge with google!

Do you like YouTube and Google's merge?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I find youtube\'s videos great and using the search feature in youtube isn\'t that bad. I wanted to watch harry potter and the order of pheonix\'s trailer and yugioh episode 6 and I found both of them on youtube really easily. I think youtube is the best website for watching videos online.

You know you can also use webproxies to go on youtube. E.g:-

http://proxify.com

and that's most likely blocked too. xD they're pretty smart, the school filters...my friend set up his own proxy, however, so we just use that one...

and i think there's probably some strategy / underlying reasons that google video and youtube aren't combined...perhaps by keeping them separate there's people who like youtube and not google video and people who like google video but not youtube...and maybe that might attract more people

or perhaps google doesn't want to really spend time, money, and effort into combining them and just decided they were fine separated - they're getting money from both anyways, after all.

=/ just stipulations.

You can also create your own server and install a proxy script on it and restrict other people to access by a username and a password. So you can just access your own server at school by giving the username and password and then you can sit on youtube. And remember not to put anything on the website that shows that your server has a proxy script installed, just put games stuff all over the page and put a textbox somewhere in the middle so no one actually figures it out.

true but many hosting services don't allow you to do it cause they don't want to get in trouble. (maybe heliohost does...im not sure...but some hosts won't actually prevent you from installing the scripts but may ban your account if they find out that you did)

You also have the option of creating your own server. All you need is a fast internet connection and a computer that runs for the whole day. You can then install apache server and register your subdomain for your server for free at http://www.dyndns.org. If your ip address keeps on changing then you can install dyndns updater from the same site and it will keep on updating your ip info in their database.

• 1 month later...
i have tried that website before and well yeah for sure it works if u want a website on your very own servers!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...