FireFox VS Internet Explorer

FireFox, is a million times better, it looks better (lots of themes), less buggy, and conforms to more html standards (not from Microsoft), I also love the add-ons, they save a lot of time out of my day. I don't even have to go to favorites to see my fav sites, it has my irc client in it, and it's simply faster, especially with fasterfox.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like about FF is that even when you opt to not be asked for confirmations

You can turn all confirmations off....

I love FF. I also have IE, but I hate it. Security sucks, not very user-oriented, and it's quite boring really.

FF has add-ons, integrated source viewer, security... I just love the interface.

FF for me.

A proud Firefox user here!! ^_^

Mainly because Linux is my operating system for running my server, Windows Internet Explorer is slower. Configuring IE to work with proxy servers, takes longer, its even worse when it comes to deleting history, cookies and all that junk, it takes forever.... so my vote is Firefox all the way :D ---->>

Yeah. On Mac OS X and Windows, I use Safari 3 Beta. On linux, since WebKit still hasn't been ported to Linux without a lot of Hacking, I'll go with Firefox. IE can stay, just to make sure that web designers stay on their toes :D . CSS support in IE is awful. There is just no question.

• 3 weeks later...
Which browser do you like the best?

I like Firefox because not only is it better looking, but its loads very fast compared to the version of Internet Explorer that I have (Internet 6)

IE Is Good For Registering Or Applying For Stuff Because Whenever You Apply For Anything Firefox Always Never Works When Registerings...

Always An Error Message When It Say We Are Processing You're Request

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
im definitely a firefox fan...once i switched, i never looked back. it's just seems so much faster than IE.

Classic misconception. In terms of speed, Internet Explorer is faster than Firefox.

http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html#winspeed

But that's only because IE is so heavily built in to windows that most of its components load at logon anyway.

PS. Opera is very good too, but I don't use it much any more because of the lack of cool extensions.

• 2 weeks later...
Microsoft is oriented towards customers, or else it wouldn't be number one in the OS industry.

They are oriented in the costumer in the way which gets them the most profit. They are oriented towards the costumer, but they make the people who write applications for the costumers go through hoops just to make them compatible.

EDIT: Also, I'm beginning to use opera a lot more.