heard about the intel dual quad-core processor?

All it is, is a mobo that is capable of running two of Intel's quad cores. It's almost absolutely useless too. Most games are only designed for one core. In the near future, games will be designed for two. The most ideal amount of cores for a game is three. Eight takes too much time and money to code for and it will have processing power that it doesn't need. Something like this is really only for servers or extremely cpu-intensive tasks such as rendering 3D animations, compiling code, or encoding files, things which the general population does not need.

This is nothing, anyways. Intel already has an 80 core proof of concept that will release in 2010.

is this just like on the macbooks with there Intel Core 2 Duo because if it is then belive me i used to be a microsoft user but now i use mac OSx and find it alot better because i can open a lot of windows have them all running at the same time and yet not losing my speed

Core 2 Duo is x86. Any Windows PC can have it too.

Kyougi, do you mean to say that it is actually worse if youre using two quad-core processors?

Yes. You use up more power and generate more heat while not getting everything out of the processors. There's no sanity behind it. It's cheaper and more efficient to get a very good GPU and one Core 2 Duo-line processor.

• 3 weeks later...
Microsoft is working upon the newly made processors. They give an enormous speed and they are best for gaming and using Microsoft Vista. -_-