Creating Fuzzystrmatch Extension On Postgresql Database

zlatsic

Hi! Sorry if something like this was already posted, I couldn't find anything to help me. I recently made an account on Johnny server and I'm trying to use functions from the fuzzystrmatch module on my postgreSQL database. I get errors that the functions don't exist. So I did a little research and realized that I actually need to start the script fuzzystrmatch.sql. Now, I don't know how to do this, I don't know where the script is or how to start it(or am I even authorized to do it) so I would like some instructions on what to do next. I tried using CREATE EXTENSION fuzzystrmatch command, but that didn't work, I got a syntax error on word EXTENSION, so any other advice would be nice. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: After doing some more research, I've found out that it has to be installed via terminal. Since regular users don't have access to terminal, I guess there's nothing more I can do? Can an admin do a console command instead of me?

It would require this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1564056/how-do-i-import-modules-or-install-extensions-in-postgres-8-4

The procedure is explained in the first answer. Also, database name is aureus_mojaKuhinja and module I would like enabled is fuzzystrmatch.sql. The server is Johnny.

Please help me in any way, even by writing that you won't do it, because this is absolutely required for my assignment. Thank you.