How To Change Value Of Max_Connections In Mysql Database

Kingpin007

So after creating my website i get errors like:

User XXX hase maximum active connections to database XXXX So after some searching i found that there was a limit in MySQL for how many maximum active users are allowed on the website. So i tested it today and when 10 users logged in it was no problem but as soon as the 11th logged in the website showed an internal server error. And the server log showed the same error as above. So Can i change the max_connections variable to something bigger so ,y site can handle more visitors. My aim is to get at least 50-60 active users. This limit of 10 is just too little. Could you guys help me on how to go about this. If it is not possible for heliohost to increase that limit then could you guys point me to some other MySQL hosting website(paid or free but should be cheap not more than 1$ per month) that is easy to set up and use with my already present Website without changing the host.

Thank You.

That value can not be changed by users for security reasons.They are fixed in the mysql config files by the admins.

Also, the max_connections is set to 50 connections, not 10.

Perhaps your problem is that the software doesn't close the the mysql connections when it's done (5 mysql connenctions per user?).

If you are looking for an external MySQL host, then you could use something like this: db4free.net

However, this will have an impact on your site' proformance, since it needs to make an external connection.

• Like 1