Account Set Up Questions

mellofellow

Summary: (1) Do I need to alter mail records in godaddy for site hosted here? (2) Do I need to do anything in cpanel here to use my BB? (3) Are there stickies I have not found?

Greetings,

I have read the CAQ, FAQ, wiki, and searched (unsuccessfully) and can only find things in pieces, and even at that can't find full solutions. I think these questions are not uncommon and would appreciate any links if you don't want to waste your time rehashing here.

I have set up a new account (here), used the domain change script and waited well beyond 48 hours. The site went up fine, but the email did not (I think).

I purchased a domain from godaddy, set the nameservers to ns1..., ns2...

I did not alter the CNAME, mailservers, or MX there, and after the propogation can no longer alter DNS there.

I set up email addresses here, but can't seem to get them (via webmail).

For my understanding I would like to know what MX, CNAME (alias), @, etc. are. I have read up on it at godaddy and think I have a basic understanding but unclear what happens if I go off site. E.g. if I change email to here and it goes down, will godaddy lower priority MX kick in if nameservers point here?

I see some sites here show records with the "www..." and others cannot: "example.com" according to http://byrondallas.heliohost.org/php/tools/dns_records.php?domain= script (which is amazing BTW). Is this related to the mail issue?

Finally, I tried adding email to my blackberry which doesn't give me many options, asking only for the email address and password with no luck. Can anyone help?

I appreciate any assistance.