[Solved] Parked Domain Still Showing

raymond01

user: domainfw

server: stevie

sub-domain: domainfwd

Used to have to the domains 'miskura.com' and 'raymond-miskura.com' parked at heliohost. Removed them from heliohost, changed the nameservers back to my registrar and put a cname on my registrar to:

hostname

IP ADDRESS/ URL

domainfwd.heliohost.org. (yes, there is a dot at the end)

RECORD TYPE

cname (alias)

MX PREF

n/a

TTL

It has been over 48 hours and I still get the heliohost parked page. If I change the cname to a url redirect it works.

Looked at cpanel and can not find any reference to those domains. Just to see what would happen I tried adding them as parked domains again and got the error "Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server" which is what I expected because the nameservers are not pointing to heliohost. (note: I do not want them to be pointing to heliohost).

Yes, I have deleted my cache, tried different browsers, and different pc.

Any help in finding out why it is still going to the parked page using the cname would be appreciated.

Since HelioHost's servers no longer control the domains miskura.com or raymond-miskura.com, it does not know what data to send back to the user, resulting in the queued page. It doesn't look at the CNAME record, it looks at the domain name typed into the address bar.

So, your best options are to change the nameservers back to HelioHost and re-park the domains, or use URL redirects.