Add Parked Domain With Custom Dns Servers

casaschi

hello,

my account is pgn4web.heliohost.org

I already have a few parked domains, all subdomains of casaschi.net

Please note the DNS of casaschi.net is managed elsewhere and all the subdomains parked on heliohost.org are configured as C records on my DNS pointing to pgn4web.heliohost.org

pgn4web-backup.casaschi.net is an example of such parked domain.

I tried to add another such parked domain (pgn4web-board-generator.casaschi.net) but I get this error message:

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 216.69.185.3,208.109.255.3 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

How can I add the desired parked domain pgn4web-board-generator.casaschi.net considering that I can not move the DNS for the whole casaschi.net domain?

Thanks.

PS: the best solution would actually be for heliohost to accept any *.casaschi.net domain and park those on the root of my account pgn4web.heliohost.org but this does not seem to be possible in cpanel.

EDIT: found an alternative way to accomplish the same, however it would be nice to know the answer...

The best way would be to set NS records for your subdomains of casaschi.net to HelioHost's nameservers, and then parking the domain in cPanel. Based on what I can see, your DNS provider should support adding NS records for subdomains.

Unfortunately our system doesn't allow us to support wildcards like that as far as I know.

Based on what I can see, your DNS provider should support adding NS records for subdomains.

The domain is with godaddy at the moment. I looked at their zone file editor and could not find how to change nameserver for a subdomain only. Any suggestion?

I can't change the nameserver for the whole domain and I never did. I wonder how could I manage to create the parked domains currently on the heliohost system. They have been added several years ago.

I found this, hopefully it helps http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/680/managing-dns-for-your-domain-names?pc_split_value=4#nsrecs

I can't explain how you did it earlier. It's possible that the DNS check wasn't in place until after you parked those subdomains, but I'm fairly certain that it has been in place since before you created your account.