Video cameras

myscrnnm

Which company makes the best video cameras?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I may be buying a new camcorder soon, cuz my old JVC is really outdated. Does anybody have any advice on which camcorders are the most user-friendly, reliable, and high-quality? I like Sony Handycams with Carl Zeiss lenses , and Panasonics with Leica lenses, but I just wanted to know what others here think.

it's not the brand, it's the camera itself that you want to look at.

Not necessarily. Some brands just have a fine reputation for making high-quality stuff. For instance, Sony camcorders use German-made Carl Zeiss lenses, Panasonic camcorders use German-made Leica Dicomar lenses, Canon camcorders use the Japan-made DigicDV image processor, et cetera.

• 3 weeks later...
but, if the brand is bad, wouldn't the camera be bad? so why do we analize the company?

But all of the brands that I put in the poll are high-quality brands.

btw, has anyone seen the new Panasonic PV-GS120? It is a nice compact camcorder with Leica lenses.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I may be buying a new camcorder soon, cuz my old JVC is really outdated. Does anybody have any advice on which camcorders are the most user-friendly, reliable, and high-quality? I like Sony Handycams with Carl Zeiss lenses , and Panasonics with Leica lenses, but I just wanted to know what others here think.

So, which camcorder did you finally get (if any)?

WHat reason do you have for getting a camcorder other than an older one that uses tapes? Are you gonna edit the movies?

I don't think u understand. I mean, most camcorders still use tapes as the standard media. They use a type of media called the MiniDV. The MiniDV is similar 2 a VHS, but several times smaller. While there r camcorders than use Memory Sticks, Secure Digital cards, MicroDrives, Mini DVDs, et cetera, the MiniDV is still the mode.

• 1 month later...